How to: How to Install and Configure WSUS on Windows Server 2019
- Step 1: Add WSUS Role. …
- Step 2: Add all the necessary roles and components. …
- Step 3: Use Windows Internal Database. …
- Step 4: Choose Role services. …
- Step 5: Indicate the location of the update repository. …
- Step 6: Run after installation tasks.
What version of WSUS is on server 2019?
The latest version of WSUS server is 5.0.
How do I install WSUS?
To install the WSUS server role
- Log on to the server on which you plan to install the WSUS server role by using an account that is a member of the Local Administrators group.
- In Server Manager, click Manage, and then click add Roles and Features.
- On the Before you begin page, click Next.
How do I run Windows Update on server 2019?
Check for Windows Updates in Windows Server
- Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Updates.
- Click Check for Updates. …
- The update statuses are Downloading, Pending Install, and Pending Restart.
- The server reboots outside of the active hours, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, unless otherwise specified.
How do I enable WSUS?
1. In the navigation pane, click Configuration > Patch Management > WSUS Servers. 2. In the Enabled column beside the name of the WSUS server that you want to enable, click the icon.
How do I install WSUS clients?
Configure Automatic Updates. Point client computers to your WSUS server.
- In Group Policy Object Editor, expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Windows Components, and then click Windows Update.
- In the details pane, double-click Specify intranet Microsoft update service location.
- Click OK.
How do I find my WSUS server?
Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Update. Right click on Specify intranet Microsoft update service location. Look inside the two fields this will list the WSUS server and the port.
How do I test if WSUS is working?
To verify the server version, follow these steps:
- Open the WSUS console.
- Click the server name.
- Locate the version number under Overview > Connection > Server Version.
- Check whether the version is 3.2. 7600.283 or a later version.